New Hampshire Lawyers Blog - Liberty Legal Services

In our blog we will try and give updates on the law and cases throughout New Hampshire, as well as interesting events that occur throughout the country.

  • Home
    Home This is where you can find all the blog posts throughout the site.
  • Categories
    Categories Displays a list of categories from this blog.
  • Tags
    Tags Displays a list of tags that have been used in the blog.
  • Bloggers
    Bloggers Search for your favorite blogger from this site.
  • Team Blogs
    Team Blogs Find your favorite team blogs here.
  • Login

Underage Alcohol Possession

Posted by on in Criminal Defense
  • Font size: Larger Smaller
  • Hits: 1791
  • Subscribe to this entry
  • Print

Under New Hampshire RSA 179:10, it is unlawful for a minor (under 21) to consume or possess alcohol.  This is a violation level offense with a minimum fine of $300 for first time offenders.  Subsequent offenses raise the minimum fine to $600.

Additionally, any minor convicted under this statute faces license revocation pursuant to RSA 263:56-b.  At the discretion of the court, a minor may lose her license for a minimum of 90 days and a maximum of 1 year.

If you have been arrested for under age possession or intoxication, it is critical to speak with an experienced criminal attorney in order to safeguard your rights. 


Serving all of N.H.

Manchester Office
212 Coolidge Ave.
Manchester, NH 03102
(603) 583-4444